Grants are on a semi-annual cycle and consists of an online application summary, a proposal narrative, project budget, IRS determination letter, .
Before completing the grant application process, please read all the information below. It is important to match your application to our grant criteria.
The Latah Community Foundation grant application consists of two steps:
- Step 1: Complete the online form with the Grant Application Summary
- Step 2: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with one PDF file that includes your proposal narrative and attachments. Please follow our instructions on writing the proposal narrative and attachments.
Please review the information below before starting the grant application process.
The Foundation will consider grants applications up to $3,000. In some cases, a match from other sources may be required. (To apply, see Grant Application Guidelines).
We provide three main types of funding:
- Project or Program support for new or existing programs.
- Capacity Building Support for projects designed to improve an organization’s capacity to serve its constituents.
- Operating Support for start-up or existing organizations, when the Foundation is convinced that such funding for a limited period of time can make a difference.
The Foundation is not a source of annual operating support and consequently cannot pay employee wages or salaries.
Process and Notification
Applications will be reviewed and voted on by the LCCF board of Directors. Recipients and non-recipients will normally be notified of the decision of the Board of Directors within sixty (60) days of the grant application deadline.
Grants are on a semi-annual cycle and awarded in May and December. Closing dates for applications are April 20, 2020 (spring) and October 16, 2020 (fall). Applications must be postmarked and emailed by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. All applications must be mailed to our Moscow Post Office Box and submitted electronically (see Contact page)
All grant applications must include the following information:
- Online Grant Application Summary Form
- A Proposal Narrative as outlined in the application information
- All attachments as outlined in the application information
- The grant application shall be limited to four pages plus your current IRS determination letter and the one page budget.
- All applications must be submitted electronically to our website (latahcountycommunityfoundation(at)gmail.com). Electronic submissions must be in the form of .pdf files containing the above information. See application information for more details.
- In addition to the electronic application, one (1) printed copy must be mailed to our Post Office address. This printed copy must also meet the above requirements.
Any applications that do not meet the above requirements will be rejected in the initial screening without further consideration.
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible for funding an applicant must:
- Be a public charity with current, active tax-exempt status including organizations with IRS 501(c)(3) status, school districts, and municipalities or be a public entity under IRS Code Section 170 or 2055. Applications may not come from citizens for a charity, but must come from the charity itself. Applications from unincorporated groups and associations will be considered only if another tax-exempt charitable group is willing to serve as their sponsor. Please contact the program staff for more information.
- Be operated and organized so as to provide that the use of funds will be for a public charitable purpose.
What kind of grants are not funded?
The Foundation does not fund grants for:
- On-going operating support (including wages or salaries)
- Fees for consultants
- Debt retirement
- Direct Lobbying activities
- Private or parochial education
- Sectarian religious purposes
The Foundation does not pay direct or indirect overhead or F&A (Facilites and Administration costs).
Report for Awarded Grants
For awarded grants, we would like a report within 6 months. If your project completion date should extend beyond 6 months, please file a report that explains the circumstances of this delay and the progress to date. For more details, please see our LCCF Report Guidelines.