Please concisely provide the following information in narrative form as listed below. Limit these next sections in A-C to four (4) pages or less excluding attachments. (Please note, proposals exceeding the four (4) page limit will not be considered for grants.
A. Organizational Information
1. Brief summary of your organization and a summary of organization mission and goals.
2. Description of current programs, activities, service statistics, accomplishments and strengths of your organization.
3. (If applicable) Your organization’s relationship with other organizations working to meet the same needs or providing similar services. Please explain how you differ from these other agencies.
B. Purpose of Grant
- Identify the situation, opportunity, problem, issue, or need, and the community that your proposal addresses.
- List overall project goals.
2. Specific activities
- Specific activities for which you seek funding.
- Who will carry out those activities?
- Time line for your project.
- How will the project benefit the community?
- Describe any long-term strategies for sustaining this effort.
3. Impact of activities
- How the proposed activities will benefit the community in which they will occur, being as clear as you can about the impact you expect to have.
- What is the scope of your proposal, i.e. how many people will be served by your project?
- Long-term strategies (if applicable) for sustaining this effort.
1. How will you measure the effectiveness of your activities?
2. Define your criteria (measurable, if possible) for a successful program and the results you expect to have achieved by the end of the funding period.
3. Who will be involved in evaluating this work (staff, board, constituents, community, consultants)?
4. How will evaluations be used to improve your program?
The following information is required before the application can be processed. This information is in addition to the required four page (maximum) requirement.
- Provide financial statements from your most recently completed fiscal year, whether audited or not. Bank statements are not considered to be a financial statement.
- Organization and/or Project Budget
- List names of corporations, foundations, or other grant sources that you are soliciting for funding, with dollar amounts, indicating which sources are committed, pending, or anticipated.
- Copy of current, valid IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter. No other document will be accepted! Tax returns, employer ID numbers, etc. are not acceptable substitutes. If you are being represented by a fiscal agent, we need the IRS letter for that organization.
2. Other Supporting Materials
- List of board members and their affiliations.
- One-paragraph description of key staff, including qualifications relevant to the specific request.
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT!
- Is your “Proposal Narrative” from sections A-C four (4) pages or less?
- Have you provide all of the financial information and the required IRS documentation?
- Please include all pdf documents in a single file if possible.
Submitting the Application
One signed copy of your grant application materials should be mailed to:
Latah County Community Foundation
PO Box 9049
Moscow, Idaho 83843
Grant application materials must be submitted electronically.
As of January 1, 2012, we require that all applications be submitted electronically. Electronic submissions must be .pdf files. Please include all pdf documents in a single file if possible. Send to:
latahcountycommunityfoundation (at) gmail.com